Last Updated: Oct 18, 2023
- Website: https://coaldaledental.com/
- Phone: 403-345-3131
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Health Information We Collect
Our office is dedicated to providing a safe, professional and trusting environment. To provide you with optimized oral health care and excellent service we use, store and analyze certain personal health information under the governance of the Health Information Act of Alberta. The personal health data is collected and generated from a few sources.
- We collect data from you via completed medical forms and discussions
- It is generated through diagnostic testing and treatment planning
- We receive it from your other health care providers
We will not collect, disclose, or use any of your information without your knowledge or consent. Your personal health information is only accessible by staff with a clinical (or related administrative) role. In a similar vein we conserve the fundamental principle that only the necessary amount of information shall be disclosed for any task or function. Our staff are trained on the importance of respecting and keeping your information safe, secure, and confidential.
How We Use Your Personal Health Information
- To ensure we provide high-quality, safe, and efficient patient care
- To assess your health needs to provide optimal treatment options
- To establish and maintain communication with you, including to schedule and remind you of appointments
- To communicate with other health care providers, including specialists, surgeons, medical doctors, and pharmacists involved in your care
- To allow us to efficiently follow-up for upcoming treatment, pre/post-op care and billing
- To complete and submit dental claims and estimates for adjudication and payment
- To verify your eligibility for dental and health services
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including communication with the provincial dental regulator, privacy commissioner or any statutory review board as required under legislation
- To comply with a court order in the event of legal proceedings
Prior to any personal information being used or released for a purpose not previously identified, we will contact you and will only proceed with your consent except in special family or emergency circumstances as outlined in the Health Information Act of Alberta.
Digital Information We Collect
- Contact Form: Name, email, phone number, and appointment request details.
- Google Analytics 4: Anonymized user data such as location, device, and browsing behavior.
- Google Ads: Data for ad targeting and retargeting campaigns.
- Cookies: Small data files stored on your device.
- Log Files: IP addresses, browser types, ISPs, referring/exit pages.
How We Use Your Digital Information
- Contact Form: To schedule appointments, provide customer service, and communicate with you.
- Google Analytics 4: To analyze website performance and user experience.
- Google Ads: For advertising and retargeting purposes.
- Technical Data: To ensure website security and optimize performance.
Data Sharing and Third Parties
We may share data with:
- Marketing Partners: To aid in promotional activities.
- Legal Authorities: If required by law.
We do not sell, trade, or transfer your personally identifiable information without your consent.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- User experience enhancement.
- Google Analytics 4 and Google Ads operation.
We employ various security measures to protect your information, including HTTPS and regular software updates.
You have the right to:
- Access your data.
- Correct or delete your data.
- Opt-out of data collection.
Changes to This Policy
We may update this policy periodically. Any changes will be posted on this page.
For questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or 403-345-3131.